Can I start with a countdown to Christmas? Ever since we had two days straight of non-stop fluffy snowfall here in Boise, I've been wayyy too excited (36 days by the way)! As much as I love the gorgeous Fall colors, I'm not terribly sad to see them go... For some reason the beauty of Winter always takes me by surprise each year- how could I forget this? We spent a little time exploring downtown this evening, and I got to thinking about some engagement sessions I did last year. As cold as it can be, I can honestly say those were some of my absolute favorite sessions- it's a complete myth that Winter isn't an ideal time for photography! This is the time of year where everyone is unabashedly affected by the general excitement leading up to the holidays, and eager to snuggle up together. Plus, you get to wear your comfiest sweaters, flannels, scarves and boots! It's also a great time of year to get creative in styling your shoot- think snowman building, tree farms, sledding, baking cookies, ice skating, sipping hot chocolate with your sweetheart... you know you want to ;) Check out the photos below for some style inspiration for your Winter photo session! Please note that not all of these are my photos- I love finding inspiration from others! Links for credit are numbered underneath the photos.
We are also running a holiday special on all portrait sessions booked now through the end of the year! Check out our Facebook page for the details!
1. Sami Jo Photography http://www.samijophoto.com/2013/12/winter-portraits-logan-ut-portrait.html - This session truly captures the beauty and simplicity of the season :)
2. Sara Hasstedt http://www.sarahasstedt.com/blog/
3. McKenna Rachelle Photography http://www.mckennarachellephotography.com/blog/2014/8/27/molly-trey-idaho-engagement-photography
4. McKenna Rachelle Photography http://www.mckennarachellephotography.com/blog/2014/8/27/erin-jared-idaho-engagement-photography
5. Dylan and Sara Photography http://dylandsara.com/winter-snow-engagement-suzy-esteban/ - Okay, this session is way too cute to pass up, go check it out!
6. Dziekonski Photography http://www.marekd.com/blog/2012/12/04/tincu-sunrise-family-session-fall-winter-howell-mi/
7. Alyssa Saylor Photography http://www.alissasaylorphotography.com/2012/12/06/happy-ho-ho-ho-to-you/ - A cozy winter lifestyle shoot!
8. Alyssa Saylor Photography http://www.alissasaylorphotography.com/2012/11/28/christmas-bake-day-with-the-bennetts-nashville-family-photography/ - And another one!
9. McKenna Rachelle Photography http://www.mckennarachellephotography.com/blog/2014/8/28/jason-sydnee-idaho-engagement-photography